Confused about your career – Look at these options
Exams of class 12th are about to over. Career countdown has begun.
Where to go…?
What are the options…?
What should be my career…?
What are the entrance exams for different fields…?
Let me help you answer these questions.
Basically the education up to the level of 12th is mainly divided in to three categories.
But after 12th, there are different streams which are directly or indirectly related to any one of above.
Some of them can be,
Let’s discuss each, one by one
- JEE (Joint Entrance Exam): This exam is conducted for the admission in 10 (7 old and 3 new) IITs (Indian Institute of Technology), NITs (National Institute of Technology) and IIITs (Indian Institute of Information Technology). Apart from that, some colleges like IISER (Indian Institute of Science Education and Research) also takes admission through this exam. This exam is held in two stages viz. JEE Mains and JEE advance. The rank of JEE Mains is used for the admission in NITs and IIITs while advance is conducted for the admission in IITs. The eligibility criteria for this exam is class 12th with minimum 60% and your stream in class 12th must be science maths i.e. (PCM). This exam is conducted online.
- BITSAT: BITSAT is also an entrance exam for engineering and it is conducted by the private university Birla Institute of Technology. The most famous campus of this university is BITS Pilani. The eligibility criteria for this exam is also PCM with 60% minimum in class 12th.
Apart from that, there are various exams of different universities viz. VIT, Thapar University, Nirma University etc. and also engineering entrance exams of various states for the admission in the engineering college of the states. Some of them are RPET, DCE, CET, Odisha JEE, UPPET, MPPET etc.
- AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Science): The purpose of this exam is admission in the medical college named AIIMS. The main eligibility criteria for this exam is 60% marks in class 12th with PCB i.e. science biology as subjects. AIIMS are the most prestigious college for medical in India.
- AIPMT (All India Pre Medical Test): The purpose of this exam is also same as above but this exam is conducted for admission in different national level college for Medical science. The main eligibility criteria for this exam is 60% marks in class 12th with PCB i.e. science biology as subjects.
- AIPVT (All India Pre-Veterinary test): This exam is conducted for the admission in 5 year B.V.Sc. & A.H. degree courses in Veterinary Colleges. The Eligibility criteria for this exam is class 12th with PCB as subjects.
- Apart from these various state level and private universities exams are there for medical entrance. Some of them are RPMT, CMC, Manipal (MBBS), BHU Medical, AMU (MBBS) etc.
- Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test: This exam is for the diploma in nautical science (DNS) and after that you can pursue BSc. In Nautical Science. The eligibility for this exam is class 12th with PCM as subjects.
The merchant navy courses taught about sea and ship. The job in this filed is initially of Deck Cadet which as experience grows one can go up to the captain of a ship.
There are other exams too for merchant navy courses. Some of them are Indian Navy B.tech Entry Scheme, Indian Navy Sailors Recruitment, National defence academy and naval academy exams etc. The eligibility criteria for all the exams is class 12th with PCM as subjects.
- After 12th, NDA (National defence academy) conducts an exam for entrance in Army, Navy or Airforce. After clearing this exam, selected students are called for SSB (Student Selection Board) where rigorous test are done to select students. The success percentage of SSB is hardly more than 1%.
Fashion & Design
- NIFT Entrance Test: NIFT stands for National Institute of Fashion Technology. This institute is dedicated for courses in Design, Management and technology for the international fashion business. The purpose of above test is for the admission in NIFT for these courses. One can go for these exams after 12th as well as after graduation.
- National Institute of Design Admission: This exam is for admission in 4 year course of GDPD (Graduate Diploma Program in Design) and also for PG courses. One can go for these exams after 12th as well as after graduation.
- All India Entrance Examination for Design (AIEED): The purpose of this exam is for the entrance in 4 years UG courses in the field of design. The eligibility for this exam is class 12th.
- There are various other exams in the field dedicated to the specific colleges. Some of these exams are Srishti School, School of Fashion Technology, Pearl Academy, Footwear design and development Institute, National Institute of Design etc.
- ICAR: ICAR stands for Indian Council of Agriculture Research. This exam is dedicated for the admission in various UG and PG level courses in the field of agriculture. The eligibility for UG courses is class 12th.
- All India Hotel Management Entrance Exam: This exam is conducted for admission in B.Sc. courses in hospitality and hotel administration. The eligibility for this exam is class 12th.
- CLAT: CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test. Through this entrance exam, one may pursue B.A. LL.B. (Hons.), B.Com. (Hons.) as well as BBA LL.B. (Hons.). The eligibility for this exam is class 12th and this exam can be giver after graduation too.
- LSAT: LSAT stands for Law School Admission Test. This entrance exam is also for admission for in the courses like B.A. LL.B. (Hons.), B.Com. (Hons.) as well as BBA LL.B. (Hons.). The eligibility for this exam is class 12th and this exam can be giver after graduation too.
- AILET: AILET is All India Law Interest Test which is conducted for admission in B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) after 12th and after pursuing LL.B. for PG also this exam is conducted.
- LET: LET stands for Lloyd Entrance Test which is conducted for a 5 year integrated B.A. LL.B. course. The eligibility for this exam is class 12th and this exam can be giver after graduation too.
- KVPY: KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojna) is a scholarship based exam. After clearing this exam one can get fellowship and admission in IISc Banglore in a 4 year BS degree program. One can go for this exam in 11th as well as in 12th and after UG and PC too.
- NEST: NEST stands for National Entrance Screening Test which is conducted for admission in 5 year integrated M.Sc. program in Biological, Chemical, Mathematical and physical sciences in NISER (National Institute of Science, Education and Research) or UM-DAE CBS (Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences).
- Indian Statistical Institute Admission: This exam is conducted for admission in courses like B Stat (Hons), B Math (Hons), M Stat, M Math, MS (QE), MS (LIS), M Tech (CS), M Tech (QROR) and Research Fellowships. One can go for this exam after class 12th.
- Apart from the above exams there are many different exams for different courses.
- CAT (Common Aptitude test): This test is conducted for admission in various management schools however one can appear in this exam after graduation only.
- IES (Indian Engineering Services): This test is also conducted for various engineering post in govt. owned companies like Indian Railway, PWD, and NHAI etc. One must have engineering degree to appear in this exam.
- UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) : A lot of exams are conducted by UPSC for different posts. However in this heading I am talking about CSAT which is for the administrative posts like IAS, IPS etc. This exam also requires graduation as minimum qualification.
- Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi Commercial pilot License (CPL) course.
- Central Leather Research Institute, Adyar, Chennai